Backcountry Digital – eCommerce Marketing Strategist
No staffing agencies or recruiters
Backcountry Digital supports, trains, and builds outdoor and adventure retailers, manufacturers, and more through e-commerce and digital solutions. We are passionate about helping businesses compete in a large market.
The eCommerce Marketing Strategist is responsible for planning and executing strategy for a large array of clients, with an emphasis on analytics, data optimization, and media buying to drive measurable results. From initial concept through implementation, analysis, and changes, you will create and execute marketing initiatives, driving our clients towards their bottom-line goals.
You will have the freedom to come up with new and exciting strategies and require the drive and ability to hold yourself accountable to do what it takes to get the job done. We are looking for someone who can see the big picture and end goals, as well as help complete all the little details to get there.
We are a growing, agile agency, on pace to double in size in 2019, and are looking for someone to jump in with both feet. If you are looking for a career (not just a job) where you can be a key player from day one, we want to talk to you.
Do you love hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, mountain biking, paddle boarding, and anything else outdoors? Even better!
This is initially a part-time position with a full-time option in the very near future, based on performance. We offer competitive pay and a flexible working schedule with the possibility to telecommute.
This is a key role within our company and we will be accepting applications until the position is filled with the RIGHT candidate, no matter how long that takes. No agencies please.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and execute marketing strategies for clients, driven by measurable results, using PPC, SEO, social media, media buying, and more. Bottom-line performance is the ultimate measure.
- Can anticipate needs and set priorities
- Set-up benchmarking to track, report, and analyze KPI’s and initiatives to hit milestones within CRM
- Help educate clients on decisions and directions
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Experience working with eCommerce websites and clients including BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento, and WordPress
- Strong knowledge of SEO, PPC, email marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, and analytics (2+ year experience)
- Proficient in Excel (merging and managing data)
- Comfortable working with and analyzing large amounts of data, including sales reports, web analytics, social analytics, and search analytics
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Excellent problem-solving, project management, and leadership skills
- Excellent attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills
- Prior client-facing experience (agency or freelance)
- Ability to convey interest and enthusiasm when presenting an idea or strategy
- Ability to research, present, and explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects
- Growth Mindset & Adaptability – You learn and improve with everything you do!
- You see every challenge as an opportunity to learn and grow
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Certifications in Google Analytics, Google AdWords
- Working knowledge of SpyFu, SEMrush, Hootsuite, MailChimp, Google Trends, Google Merchant Center
- Experience and knowledge of community building on social media
- Love of the outdoors!