Backcountry Digital – Social Media Specialist (Online Community Builder)
No staffing agencies or recruiters
Backcountry Digital supports, trains, and builds outdoor and adventure retailers, manufacturers, and more through e-commerce and digital solutions. We are passionate about helping businesses compete in a large market.
Are you permanently attached to your cell phone – scrolling through Instagram, watching Facebook lives, tweeting all day? The Social Media Specialist is the ultimate online community builder. We are looking for someone with an existing large social circle who lives and breathes social media and loves the outdoors.
We are a growing, agile agency, on pace to double in size in 2019, and are looking for someone to jump in with both feet. Must love hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, mountain biking, paddle boarding, or anything else outdoors!
We offer competitive pay with opportunities to earn incentives and bonuses, and a flexible work-from-home schedule. MN candidates preferred. This is initially a part-time position with full-time option as we continue to grow, based on performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build meaningful connections that encourage community members to take action
- Create and execute social media strategy to engage current and potential customers for a variety of clients (mainly outdoor and adventure retailers and manufacturers)
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Purposefully connect with customers through various social media channels to help meet sales and marketing milestones
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing team
- Drive likes and comments, and create continual dialog between followers and brands
Required Skills and Attributes:
- 2+ years’ experience as a social media specialist
- Must thrive on online engagement
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Strong knowledge of online marketing and major marketing channels such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google Business, and more
- Knowledge of paid advertising on social media
- Knowledge of strategies to secure top posts
- Experience building hashtag lists
- Must love the outdoors!
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Experience working with eCommerce clients